1.6.09

It Starts With A Color - A Photographic Treasure Hunt


One of the loveliest people I've come across started an inspirational Flickr group.  I've been watching the creativity spring from this simple idea for a few weeks now and have finally joined the group myself.

Erin says, "I have been trying to think of ways to inspire those who need it {myself included} to make creativity more of a priority in daily life and to see beauty in the small things. I have come up with this: once per week, I will give any of those who wish to participate, a photographic treasure hunt of sorts. "

(You can read more about it on Erin's blog:  applesforpoppyanne.typepad.com .)

She started with Turquoise, Yellow, White&Green, and now Numbers.  I started "unofficially" with White&Green last week and found inspiration in the dogwood blossoms outside Pam's house:


I will back-track and do Turquoise and Yellow this week along with Numbers.  It's great to have a weekly "assignment."  I certainly need the motivation.  

I feel so far away from myself right now.  Part of it is being away from my beloved Colorado.  More of it is simply not having any space of my own.  Two more weeks...   made far easier to get through thanks to Erin and her idea.  Direction.  Something just for me.  Something totally unrelated to the rest of my task here in KCMO.

So, thanks, Erin!


No comments:

Post a Comment